President- Anthony Reen - firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President- Matthew Hicks- email@example.com
Secretary- Alan Pritchard- firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer- Euan Rae- email@example.com
Director of Rugby- Graham Shiel- firstname.lastname@example.org
Fixtures and Referee Secretary- Kim Wilson- email@example.com
Minis Coordinator – Kevin Murray - firstname.lastname@example.org
Child Protection Officer- Clare Adamson - email@example.com
Code of Conduct
Barnton RFC/Royal High Rugby are an associate member of the Scottish Rugby Union and are obligated to remind all coaches, players, members and spectators that World Rugby requires all clubs adhere to the Code of Conduct to be found on the SRU web site.
Barnton RFC/Royal High Rugby Child Protection Policy
Barnton RFC/Royal High Rugby is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children in its care. It recognises the responsibility to promote safe practice and to protect children from harm, abuse and exploitation. For the purposes of this policy and associated procedures a child is someone under the age of 18 years.
Staff and volunteers will work together to embrace difference and diversity and respect the rights of children and young people.
The policy is based on the following principles:
• The welfare of children is the primary concern.
• All children, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, socio economic status, religious belief and/or sexual identity have the right to protection from all forms of harm and abuse.
• Child protection is everyone's responsibility.
• Children have the right to express views on all matters which affect them, should they wish to do so.
• Organisations shall work in partnership together with children and parents/carers to promote the welfare, health and development of children.
Barnton RFC/Royal High Rugby will:
• Promote the health and welfare of children by providing opportunities to take part in rugby safely.
• Respect and promote the rights, wishes and feelings of children.
• Promote and implement appropriate procedures to safeguard the well-being of children and protect them from abuse.
• Recruit, train, support and supervise its staff, members and volunteers to adopt best practice to safeguard and protect children from abuse and to reduce risk to themselves.
• Require staff, members and volunteers to adopt and abide by this Child Protection Policy and these procedures.
• Respond to any allegations of misconduct or abuse of children in line with this Policy and these procedures as well as implementing, where appropriate, the relevant disciplinary and appeals procedures.
• Observe guidelines issued by local Child Protection Committees for the protection of children.
• Regularly monitor and evaluate the implementation of this Policy and these procedures.
This Policy and these Procedures will be regularly reviewed:
• In accordance with changes in legislation and guidance on the protection of children or following any changes within Scottish Rugby.
• Following any issues or concerns raised about the protection of children within Scottish Rugby
• In all other circumstances, at least every three years.
In line with its obligations under the Scottish Rugby a child protection officer (CPO) has been appointed to co-ordinate child protection and welfare on behalf of Barnton RFC/Royal High Rugby and to provide a main point of contact for staff and volunteers, parents and children in need of support, advice or training or if they need to report a concern.
Although matters relating to the welfare of children at Barnton RFC/Royal High Rugby should ordinarily be referred in the first instance to the club CPO the Scottish Rugby Lead officer for Child Protection and Welfare may also be contacted for support and advice on any child protection matter by any CPO, child, parent, staff member or volunteer at any time.